Blackhawk Upper Control Arm for Volkswagen Amarok
FAST SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
100% FITMENT GUARANTEE
Have a question?
The Blackhawk upper control arms (UCAs) have been designed in conjunction with industry experts to ensure vehicle fitment is comprehensive. During the development process a large number of potential issues associated with lift were identified, and subsequent features were built into the product to overcome of offset them.
When a vehicle has raised suspension (this can be anything from 30mm or above) it will disrupt the vehicles relationship with factory set geometry and create issues, such as:
- Reduced caster correction – causing vague steering and response
- Bump steer resulting in reduced handling – with an out of control feeling
- Clearance issues to suspension & wheels/tyres – larger wheels can hit suspension components
- Some standard vehicles can have an issue of the UCA hitting the coil on full droop
- Strength of OE equipment in off road scenarios
- Roadsafe 4WD have developed their Blackhawk UCA range of product drawing from over 30 years of experience in the manufacture & supply of chassis parts including a full range of steering & suspension components.
Specifications and features:
- 3 degrees of fixed Caster correction
- Camber change to meet OE spec
- Increase clearance allowing for larger aftermarket wheels & tyres
- Clearance to suspension components & chassis – a large number of OE UCA’s hit the coil or the chassis mounts on during the suspension travel
- Fixed position ball joint – allowing for OE specification for the ball joint
- The position of the ball joint housings have been rotated to ensure the ball joint is not the limiting factor with maximum down travel
- No need to readjust your caster once established as the Blackhawk arms ball joints cannot be knocked out of position
Maintain OE specification ball joint & bushings – regardless of where you may go, if you need to replace a ball joint or bushing you can use genuine replacement parts or aftermarket OE specification replacement items, regardless of how remote you are at home or abroad.
Ball joint binding – Often we see the ball joint limiting the amount of down travel because the OE ball stud hits the side of the ball joint housing, this creates a stress point on the ball stud creating an environment for potential terminal failure of the ball joint, it also limits the amount of down travel possible when used in conjunction with aftermarket suspension and longer shock lengths.
Heavy duty long life ball joints – Roadsafe 4wd specially redesigned the OE ball joint into a more robust design, due to the nature of the application the 4wding community requiring a serviceable component. Subsequently Blackhawk UCA’s have a ball joint that is manufactured in the “hard to hard” style with a locating nylon disc that the ball stud terminates against, grease is pumped into the assembly through the top keeping everything lubricated and keeping any potential contaminants out of the boot region. The ball studs and seat area of the housing are all heat treated forming a hardened surface with the purpose of long life and limited wear.
Dust cap – Blackhawk UCA’s that utilise a press in ball joint feature a machined alloy dust cap, black anodized incorporating the Blackhawk logo, to deter corrosion. The cap position results in creating a sealed housing to protect the greasable top section of the ball joint from the elements such as water, dust & mud.
Premium finish – All arms are sand blasted upon completion and E coated black for a durable discreet finish. E coating is the same process the vehicles manufacturer used for the original equipment you are replacing.
Increased strength compared to the OE design – The design of the Blackhawk arms have shown with the use of FEA to be much stiffer than the OE arms, providing the driver with increased handling and response when the Blackhawk arms are fitted when compared to the OE arms, this is illustrated by the amount of deflection the FEA results have provided, with 3 times less deflection in the Blackhawk UCA’s. Does this rigidity negatively transfer to the vehicle? – No, because the Blackhawk UCA’s use OE Rubber bushings, any NVH (Noise, Vibration and harshness) is absorbed in the rubber bushings before it makes it way to the chassis, you may find an increase in wear in the bushings which is directly related to how you drive the vehicle, the bushings are a consumable component of any vehicle, however you should expect years of trouble free service before you should need to replace the bushings.